Durham Records Online consistently gives one of the best updates to their holdings. The latest offering includes:
Auckland St. Andrew baptisms 1820-1851 & burials 1821-1850
- a large data set from Auckland St. Andrew
5,815 baptisms covering 1820 through June 1851
- 4,295 burials covering 1821-1850
1841 Census, Auckland – Bishop Auckland – Fore Bondgate (HO 107 307/10 – Folio 9 – Page 11 & 12)
Hartlepool Old Cemetery (Spion Kop) burials 1870-1889
7,047 burials at Hartlepool Old Cemetery, also known as Borough Cemetery, Hart Warren, and Spion Kop), covering 1870-1889.
Sunderland: Robinson’s Lane Presbyterian Chapel baptisms 1727-1797 modified
Modified the earlier transcription of 2,258 baptisms at Robinson’s Lane Presbyterian Chapel in Sunderland covering 1727-1797.
Bishop Auckland Wesleyan Methodist Circuit baptisms 1838-1975
8,366 baptisms on the Bishop Auckland Wesleyan Methodist Circuit from November 1838 to March 1975.
Marriage bonds 1765-1769 updated with full details
Replaced the index to marriage bonds in the years 1765-1769 with full details, so those 2,073 records are now instantly available, including 2 new bonds that missed the first time around.
Marriage bonds often provide ages, occupations, and place of residence for the bride and groom (and sometimes a parent of a minor) during a period when marriage registers did not provide that information. Please read the Marriage Bonds section of the Transcription Samples page for a description of what information is found in bonds, allegations, and associated documents, and how they present that information.
Marriage bonds cover the entire Diocese of Durham i.e. Durham, Northumberland, North Yorkshire. There are a few licences in the collection that were issued by the Diocese of York. Because bonds cover the whole diocese, there is no way to limit your search of bonds to a single district. If you select a district from the District menu, your selection will be ignored when the marriage bonds database is searched.
Jarrow marriage witnesses added 1816-1817
Added 471 witnesses to 228 marriages at Jarrow St. Paul in South Shields district, covering 1816-1817 plus the first 3 months of 1818, and corrected a few minor errors.
- 4 May 1816 George Huntley, of this parish married Anne Bell, of this parish, by licence
Witnesses: Robert Bell, Susan Bell
- Penshaw baptisms & burials 1831-1835
- South Shields burials 1763-1797 and 1816-1819
- Washington baptisms 1600-1767
- Wallsend baptisms 1901-1930
Holly Cochran, Site Manager of Durham Records Online
- What’s New at Durham Records Online (cumpstonresearch.wordpress.com)
- Freereg, FreeUKGEN, FreeCEN and FreeBMD (cumpstonresearch.wordpress.com)
- London and Surrey, England, Marriage Bonds and Allegations, 1597-1921 and UK, Victoria Cross Medals, 1857-2007 (cumpstonresearch.wordpress.com)