A name search of the following site for regional cemeteries in South Australia may be useful to some. The Mt Barker cemetery information has recently been extensively upgraded and checked http://www.dcmtbarker.sa.gov.au/site/page.cfm?u=610
The Mount Barker Cemetery was officially opened in the early 1850’s as a Wesleyan burial facility which served the residents of Mount Barker. The Glebe burials ceased in 1865 when a Weasleyan burial register commenced. The cemetery then became a Methodist and Uniting burial ground until council took over the management of the cemetery in the early 1980’s.
This cemetery houses graves of early settlers which are considered to be of local historic significance due to the architecture of its graves and its use for tracing family genealogies. The first burial recorded in the “Weasleyan Glebe Land” in 1856 being Eliza Dunn, the daughter of local pioneer John Dunn.
The District Council of Mount Barker has 10 cemeteries under their care and control.
Council has records for each of these cemeteries, with burial records commencing from the date indicated: Bugle Ranges (1882), Echunga (1885), Harrogate (1865), Macclesfield (1884), Meadows (1916), Meadows Old Weasleyan (1866 – 1948 closed), Mount Barker (1856), Mount Ephraim (1863 – 1915 closed), Nairne (1864) and Wistow (1857).
Note : the spelling of Weasleyan is correct.
- Adelaide Cemeteries, South Australia (cumpstonresearch.wordpress.com)