Library and Archives Canada has put a great deal of data on line. Here come some general findings with more to come in other postings:
1. Thomas Cumpston (Niagara District) 1847. File. RG19-E-5-c.
File part of Upper Canada Rebellion losses claims [textual record] (R200-114-2-E) Date(s) 1847 This series consists of character references on claimants to justify that they were entitled to received as loyal subjects the indemnification for losses suffered during the Rebellion of 1837-1838 in Upper Canada. Volume 5488 contains lists of claimants arranged alphabetically, by claim number, and by districts.
2. DR. F.S. CUMPSTON. FORWARDING REGULATIONS UNDER THE COMMONWEALTH QUARANTINE ACT 1908-1915 1917/01/08. File. RG17.
1885/03/30,1885/04/02. File. RG17.
4. Inventions – J.H. Cumpston, Dallas, Texas – Rifle cleaning rod tip and slotted tube
1922. File. RG24-C-1.
1. COMPSTON Robert Albert 19uu. File (Accession level). RG24.
2. Individual case files – Enfranchisements – Mary Compston – Squamish Band – Fraser District 1967. File. RG10-B-3-e-xvi.